xsl-list

Re: Lightweight XSLT editor (was: Re: [xsl] Passing an XSLT variable into a <a name="Ixxx" href="javascript:location= line.)

2005-09-21 05:39:36
Joris Gillis wrote:

Tempore 12:17:14, die 09/21/2005 AD, hinc in
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com scripsit andrew welch
<andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>:

I've been using notepad for all my XSLT coding for 2 years now. I'm
not broken (yet).

Move on Joris... you'll never look back.

I've never found anything else that fits my demands. (The primary
reason for that being that I've never really looked for anything else)

demands are:

* Lightweight, tiny, fast code editor.
* Very simple UI.
    ** No tree views, no grid views, no mapping views, no floating
toolbars...
    ** Just a screen were I can see the pointy brackets.
* Very basic functionality (line count, syntax highlighting, tag
completion - adapted for XSLT)
    ** No XSLT processing functions, no debugging, no Xpath/Xquery
testing
* Able to detect file changes
* Not written in Java
* My budget: 0 cents. (preferably open source)

if u are commandline orientated GNU emacs or Xemacs with nXML mode is a
winner everytime.

if its windows...I found using TextPad and PFE useful, Textpad has
useful plugin xml modules

if its mac osx AquaEmacs is a good option

gl, Jim Fuller