xsl-list

RE: IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?

2005-09-13 07:58:38
The input XML of course defines the encoding as UTF-8, and really is encoded
in UTF-8, but IXSLProcessor still reads it as ISO-8859-1. So it ignores the
declaration in the XML file.

The transform is taking place server side.

So are you saying the IXSProcessor is supposed to be able to read the
encoding specified in the XML file?

/Gabriel

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: andrew welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Skickat: den 13 september 2005 16:35
Till: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Ämne: Re: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?

On 9/13/05, Gabriel <gabriel(_dot_)klappenbach(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
How can I let the IXSLProcessor read it's input XML as UTF-8? It seems
it
will only read it as ISO-8859-1 for some reason, as if it's hardcoded to
interpret input in that encoding.

Has anyone successfully used a UTF-8 encoded input to IXSLProcessor, and
have the result come out as intended? If so can I see that code?

Does the source XML have an XML prolgue - if so what encoding is
specified there?

If you a are transforming client side and requesting the XML from a
server, what encoding is specified in the headers?  That might be
being used the encoding.

--~--