xsl-list

RE: xmlns="" / XML to XHTML

2005-09-13 03:21:05
Michael, you meant I should skip this example and modify my second
example (based on pawson´s FAQ)?:

<xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:element name="{local-name()}"
  namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; >
     <xsl:apply-templates />
    </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

So the problem there was, that my inner elements didn´t get the ns
although the outer elements were created correct in the xhtml
namespace.
So I ask why does it not apply the namespace to the inner elements or
what should I modify?

Perhaps you copied the inner elements using xsl:copy-of rather than
xsl:apply-templates, so the above template would have no effect. Just a
guess.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/