xsl-list

Re: xmlns="" / XML to XHTML

2005-09-13 06:15:30
Michael Kay schrieb:
and b) modified the <html> Tag like this:

<xsl:attribute name="xmlns">http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml</xsl:attribute>

And see there: All default namespaces are gone (Perhaps I´ve finally understood namespaces ;-))

No, I'm sorry, but you haven't. A namespace is not an attribute, and an
attribute is not allowed to have the name "xmlns". The spec says explicitly
(section 7.1.3) "It is an error if the [name attribute] is the string
"xmlns". If your XSLT processor accepts this stylesheet, then it has a bug
in it.

Ok. :-( I removed it. It remains XHTMl then.