xsl-list

Re: XSLT on the server side

2005-09-01 10:24:06
On 9/1/05, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh(_at_)defuze(_dot_)org> wrote:
Selon António Mota <amsmota(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>:

2) I have situations where i invoke a ASP from a XSLT using document()
function passing some info in the URL of the document. However i want
to pass a bunch of nodes to it, like i'll do in a send a POST instead
of a GET.

I must say that I'm a bit confused there :/

It's preety simple, in my xslt i have something like

<xsl:variable name="xmldoc" select="document(getXML.asp?Key=XPTO)"/>

that is equivalent to a HTTP GET method. However sometimes i have a
lot of info to pass to the asp, the equivalent to a HTTP POST, or
using a XMLHttpRequest

        xmlhttp.open("POST", "getXML.asp", true);
        xmlhttp.send(xmlLotOfInfo);

but i can't do this using the document() function, AFAIK. That's why i
wanted to do the transformation on the server in cases like this.

What the alternatives to this?