xsl-list

Re: Converting XML to an Escacped URL

2005-10-30 23:25:03
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

I don't understand your requirement - do you mean you want to create a
data: URI of your document - it will have to be quite a short document, as the HTTP GET protocol limits you to a little over 1000 characters.

There's no such limit in the GET protocol. Some very old, broken browsers had such issues. I know of no browser in common use today that has any problem with very long query strings.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu