xsl-list

Re: Converting XML to an Escacped URL

2005-10-30 11:13:24
"Gary" == Gary Stewart <the(_dot_)stewarg(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Gary> Hi there, I was attempting to convert an XML document into
    Gary> an escaped URL to send over a HTTP get and couldn't find a
    Gary> very good solution and was wondering if anyone has designed
    Gary> or had any thoughts to the design of a stylesheet that could
    Gary> do this. I don't mind if I use version 1.0 or 2.0. I figured
    Gary> that a character map might be the answer for any spaces but
    Gary> I'm still not certain how I can change tags into escaped
    Gary> characters unless there is a good way to get a nodeset as a
    Gary> string then use escape-uri on it.

I don't understand your requirement - do you mean you want to create a
data: URI of your document - it will have to be quite a short document,
as the HTTP GET protocol limits you to a little over 1000 characters.

Anyway, you have 3 functions in XPath 2.0 for escaping characters.
I take it you are using XML 1.1?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire