xsl-list

Re: document() source

2005-10-29 08:51:32
"Fraser" == Fraser Goffin <goffinf(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Fraser> I see that in XSLT I can use the document() function BUT
    Fraser> it APPEARS that it must retrieve the XML from the file
    Fraser> system or a resolvable URI ??

    Fraser> In my case the second instance doc is already 'in memory'
    Fraser> (having been retrieved from a database) so I really just
    Fraser> want to pass the XML itself as a string.

    Fraser> Does anyone know whether this is possible using XSLT, or
    Fraser> will I need to look at a programmatic (ie. Java)
    Fraser> implementation alternative :-(

What you can do is make up a uri scheme (maybe call it string), and
then write a URI Resolver for your processor, which returns the text
of the string given the appropriate URI. You will want to do something
like store the string in a hash table, whose key is the uri.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire