xsl-list

Re: Experiences comparing performance of XSLT vs. "raw Java code"

2005-11-30 11:46:07
On 11/30/05, Karr, David <david(_dot_)karr(_at_)wamu(_dot_)net> wrote:
I know this is a completely open question, but what kind of experience
have people had comparing the runtime performance and throughput of XSLT
vs. "raw Java code"?

To ask a stupid question, I'm not really sure what you mean by "raw
Java code" here.  Do you mean processing the xml file via other
mechanims (raw text processing, SAX, DOM, etc) or are you just talking
about "compiled" scripts vs uncompiled scripts?  Bytecod issues?

Don't forget after all that there are XSLT processors that aren't Java
based. Would you compare xsltproc against ...something?

Sorry, a bit tired today and my brain keeps trying to figure this out.

Jon Gorman