Re: Grouping / unique list with just XPath

2005-11-20 15:22:32

On 11/18/05, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
[using keys]
It depends on how big your lists are, really. grouping by using keys
changes the time complexity of the algorithm, so if your lists are large
enough it will always be faster, in the end. But if your lists are very
small, then I agree, it may not be worth setting them up, and the time
taken to make the key index may mean its no faster anyway.

Yes, and I'll do some performance profiling to see if it's worth it. I
fear I'm in the middle where neither will outperform the other. :)

"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert