xsl-list

RE: Getting expanded empty tag format

2005-11-17 10:59:35
Hi Gary.

I know it's kind of a hack, but could you put a space, non-breaking
space or <wbr/> element inside the <p>?  If you're primarily concerned
with how the browser interprests the XML there's usually something you
can do to force the tag not to be minimized without effecting how it
displays.

--->N

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:38 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting expanded empty tag format

If the XForms processor is expecting the XHTML conventions to
be followed,
then you can use xsl:output method="xhtml". Otherwise no,
there's no way of
controlling this aspect of the serialization (other than
writing your own
serializer, which you could do by subclassing the relevant
parts of the
Saxon serializer).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/