xsl-list

Re: How to process a list of files

2005-11-08 01:39:43
Hmmmmm, yes, I can see that this is what you actually where asking for.

Multiple input to multiple output (N inputs to N outputs) I usually
make in the programme, that calls the transformation.

I would usually load the ini-file (the one with the names of the input
documents) into a separete document, then iterate over each node,
using - in my case - the C# language for this. For each of these
files, I would then make a transformation.

A more elaborate scheme would be to process the ini-file using XSL and
use the document function, and for each of those create a variable
holding the root of the document (or create a variable holding the
root of each document), then process these. This, I think, is what you
are trying to do. The problem is with this approach, is that
multiple-document output is not inherently possible using XSLT 1.0. I
think there are extension functions - depending on the parser in
question - that can do this, but it is not included in the language
per se.

I think a search google search for "multiple output files" +"XSLT".
You can perhaps get some inclination of a solution from dpawsons site:
http://dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5167.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)