xsl-list

RE: Java enterprise edition

2005-11-04 03:14:15

As I understand it there are two common enterprise platforms:
   .Net Framework (MS), and J2EE (Sun).

I have always used JDK (I think its currently v1.5) for Java
I am about to do  a clean install and thinking of starting afresh with
the enterprise edition (J2EE). On the basis of what does more also
does less.

Three questions
    Does Saxon(paid for) work with J2EE?
    Does code written JDK(1.5ish) still work on J2EE

In general the answer to both questions is yes; but I think you need a
better understanding of what J2EE offers before you go much further, and
that's definitely OT for this list. There are plenty of people running
enterprise Java applications without using a J2EE platform.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/