xsl-list

Re: JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes

2005-12-19 08:11:22
drkm wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote:

Because the whole point of the stylesheet is to get rid of prefixes, because their output is used to compare test results (where prefixes are irrelevant).

  If I understand, you want to compare two XML documents
(with diff(1) or similar), so you want to strip out the
prefixes.  IMHO, there are a lot of XML caracteristics that
make it unusable with diff(1) (withespaces, namespaces,
character entities, etc.).

That's why I am running them through a normalization step (sigh).