xsl-list

RE: JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes

2005-12-19 12:05:19

To clarify: I'm fully aware of I *could* do this. What I am
interested
in are pointers about why the approach I've been using with
other XSLT
engines doesn't work with Sun's XSLTC.

I think you pointed out yourself that the XSLT 1.0 spec says that the
processor *may* make use of the prefix in the supplied "name" attribute, but
that it isn't required to do so.

The XSLT 2.0 specification is more prescriptive. It says that the processor
*must* make use of the supplied prefix, or absence of a prefix, unless there
is a conflict that makes this impossible.

So I think the answer is: use an XSLT 2.0 processor.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/