xsl-list

RE: [xsl] URL encoding (ö -> %F6)

2005-12-15 02:04:31
If you use the Saxon serializer, with output method html or xhtml, then URIs
will automatically be encoded in this way. But I can't speak for the "cocoon
serializer".

You can always do the encoding "by hand" by calling the function
escape-html-uri:

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/functions/intro/fn_escape-html-uri.htm

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Merico Raffaele [mailto:raffaele(_dot_)merico(_at_)less(_dot_)ch]
Sent: 15 December 2005 08:57
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] URL encoding (ö -> %F6)

Dear cummunity

I am using SaxonB 8.6.1 with Cocoon 2.1.8. The cocoon
serializer produces a
utf-8 encoded html page. Since the links in this serialized
HTML page can
not be processed correctly by the subsequent page I need an
URL encoding at
XSLT level. This URL encoding should work according to the
RFC RFC 1738.
That means that for example the German-Umlaut 'ö' should be
converted to
'%F6'.

For your support many thanks in advance ... Raffaele

--~--