xsl-list

RE: How can I create a variable with a variable access path?

2005-12-06 02:32:18
I would like to ... access the strings like this

        <xsl:value-of select="$AllTexts/{$language}/searchButton"/>

However, for some reason xsl doesn't like me doing that.

The reason is that an XPath expression cannot contain curly braces.

Curly braces are used as a textual substitution mechanism in XSLT attribute
value templates, but this doesn't mean that you can use the same mechanism
in other contexts.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/