xsl-list

RE: Error: when distance between section definitions exceed 3678 (roughly)

2005-12-01 17:22:05
If you can't solve this using sibling recursion, and can't move to XSLT 2.0,
you might try to tackle it using a different positional grouping technique.
Define a key for each of the elements that's the generate-id() of the most
recent preceding sibling that matches "Point A" or "Point B". Then do
Muenchian grouping using this key.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: geoff hopkins [mailto:geoffhopkins123(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 01 December 2005 09:01
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Error: when distance between section
definitions exceed 3678 (roughly)

<root>
   <artefact doc_ref="me.doc">
      <instance doc="me.doc" sec="R[3]"\>
      <instance doc="me.doc" sec="R[2]"\>
      <instance doc="me.doc" sec="R[1]"\>
   <artefact>
</root>

is an example output, the premise of the xslt script
is to extract all R[xxx] tags from the xml document
between Point A and Point B (point A to B can repeat
several times in the doc or once)

where the node is showing <text></text> in the example
input this would normally contain the various text or
R[xxx]

Geoff

--- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

So, what should be the output?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev