xsl-list

Re: Shallow copy and base URI

2006-01-27 10:11:32
David Carlisle wrote:

The document node is created (for xslt 1 compatibility
as much as anything else) if you don't use any funk new
attributes but if you go
(for example)
    <xsl:variable name="tmp.tree" as="element()">
      <tree>

  Yea, why I didn't think about that before ?-)  The following create a
sequence without creating a document node so without modifying the base
URI of the copied nodes (by mode="the.mode"):

    <xsl:variable name="tree" as="node()*">

    </xsl:variable>

Of course an alternative to making this extra <tree>
element to hold xml:base would be to modify
mode="the.mode" so it added xml:base attributes to some
or all of the elements it generates.

  Indeed, but it was not really a solution in my case.