xsl-list

Re: Unable to get text() of node

2006-01-23 06:13:40
So msxsl is not stripping whitespace by default? That would confirm my
statement.

The default behaviour of the msxml _parser_ is to strip white space.

You can change this by setting its preserveWhitespace property to true
(unless you are using internet explorer and accessing the xml parser
using <?xml-stylesheet in which case you lose spaces, whatever)
if you are using the command line _msxsl wrapper_ then that does
apparently set the preserveWhitespace property but mostly when people
say they are using msxsl they are calling it from script of some sort,
and then the default is to strip,

I was referring to the msxsl wrapper, thanks for clearing it up for me..

Regards,
Geert