xsl-list

Re: Web-sevices in xslt

2006-01-14 11:25:00
Yes, but the problem is that i wanted to do that from a browser, no
extension function available.

So i think it's just not possible, but i wonder how a originally web
oriented technology like XSL has no way to call web-services...

I'm still looking a REST, but for now i just do it with Javascript...

Thanks.

Date: 13 Jan 2006 07:53:27 +0000
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin(_at_)colina(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Subject: Re: [xsl] Web-sevices in xslt

"António" == António Mota <amsmota(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

   António> Hello:

   António> I've been googling for this, but the results i've got
   António> are not satisafactory
   António> (e.g. http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/01/tr.html),
   António> because they call the web-service as a URL with
   António> parameters.

If you need to POST data and get a document back, then you will want
an extension function along the lines of:

my-extension:post-and-get ($uri as xs:string?, $post-data as
document-node()?) as document-node()?

--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire