xsl-list

RE: XPath expression confusion

2006-01-12 16:39:58
I just checked the spec. It seems to me that I gave a wrong explanation
about what you might be wrong.
The <xsl:otherwise> in your example should be equivalent to <xsl:when
test="not(system/components/component/requirement/@number=
.)">

So my guess is that something wrong with the path
"/system/components/component/requirement/@number". It seemed to give an
empty sequence.

Is the <system> a root node?

Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Xia Li [mailto:xli(_at_)galdosinc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:53 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath expression confusion

I think you need to use

<xsl:when test="not(/system/components/component/requirement/@number=
.)">
        <requirement><xsl:value-of select="." /></requirement>
</xsl:when?

to look for the <number> element which no item in the sequence
"/system/components/component/requirement/@number" would match.

The <xsl:otherwise> in your style sheet is equivalent to the condition

<xsl:when test="/system/components/component/requirement/@number != .">

That means if there exists an item in the sequence selected by
"/system/components/component/requirement/@number" that is not equal to
the current value of <number> in the iteration, the condition is always
true. That is why you output all the value of <number> elements.

Lisa