xsl-list

Re: Re: Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->SGML output

2006-01-12 13:28:14
I guess I should have been more clear.

This is a revision to a technical manual that was not previously in any kind of
digital format. I layed out the book in Unstructured FrameMaker then saved the
FrameMaker files as MIFs, with a book file saved as MIF also. The application
that converts the MIFs doesn't have anything to do with FrameMaker (it's not a
plug-in/API/FrameScript/etc.); it opens the book MIF file and converts the MIF
structure into XML, then SGML. During the steps it takes to convert, it follows
instructions within its own DLLs but using input from the XSL stylesheets
depending on the DTD I need it to convert to. The problem seems to be happening
somewhere between the DLLs' interpretation of the XSL. Since I don't have the
source code I was hoping I could somehow "bypass" the DLLs' function/s & simply
transform the documents using a program like Stylus Studio, but I don't even
know where to begin reconstructing t
 hose instructions within the XSL rather than the DLL.

Or is this even more muddy than ever? ;-)