xsl-list

Re: bad match expression

2006-02-09 02:40:30

I guess I'll wait to use XSLT2 when the web browsers start supporting
it.

Hmm don't hold your breath:-)

I'm not sure if the built-in libxml
based extensions of PHP support it.

I don't know what libxml's plans are wrt XSLT2 but currently it's
xslt1 only.

But if you are talking about libxml in php then you do you mean web
servers rather than web browsers in the first comment? Using saxon8 now
server side is already reasonable, but client side xslt2 support is a
long way off (if it ever happens at all).

Opera is only just now beta testing xslt_1_ support, and while IE6 has
fairly good XSLT1 I don't see much sign of support for XSLT2 (The was a
Microsoft XML team blog thread a while back explictly asking if anyone
thought that XSLT2/XPath2 was worth doing, if you had XSLT1/XPath1 and
XQuery1....)

David