xsl-list

Annotations in XSLT

2006-03-05 03:53:54

Hi list,

Could someone point me to some BEST PRACTICE examples of how to annotate an
XSLT stylesheet?

We can use the comment element, as I have done so far,
http://www.xmltraining.biz/xmltraining/prolog.xslt, but I am looking for
something similar to what we can do in XML Schema. Here we have the
xs:annotation element with xs:documentation and xs:appinfo as children.

In XSLT at top-level we can have any additional markup of our own. Would it
be a good idea simply to use xs:annotation, etc., also in XSLT stylesheets?
Or should each one of us invent our own markup for this important task?

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov