xsl-list

Re: How to apply stylesheet in GNOME?

2006-03-02 12:04:45
Does anyone know how to do it? How I can apply a stylesheet to convert
xml to wml? The xml is stored in a char *. How can I create a
stylesheet?

You've asked this on more than one mailing list over the past two
weeks at least.  I hope I don't sound rude, but perhaps the way
forward is to read the actual documentation for the library and find
some beginning resources for XSLT.  Many people around here aren't
fond of giving the answers completely for students working on
projects.  The point of the projects are for the student to hopefully
learn something.

I find it hard to believe that in the two weeks or so that I last saw
you post something on this that it appears you haven't a) figured out
how to call a simple stylesheet in your setup and b) started look at
the specs for wml to figure out how that stylesheet needs to be setup.
 I would certainly imagine the first step would be to do something
simple, like change all the elements named foo into elements named
bar.

Also people on this list tend not to discuss specific implementation
details for things such as libraries, etc.  It does happen but you are
not as likely to get an answer as asking a question about the XSLT
language.

I do believe libxslt has it's own mailing list, and if you're having problems
implementing it that might be the solution.

Some resources:

The XSL spec
http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/

Libxslt page that includes tutorials, documentation, and the mailing list
http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/

Google as always is useful.

I would also attempt to focus on what particular XML schemas you're
looking to convert with a generic catch-all.  There are tons of XML
languages out there.  Do you have to worry about beerxml, various
chess xmls, ant scripts, etc?

Jon Gorman