xsl-list

RE: [xsl] plea for help...

2006-03-09 12:00:36
As long as I'm already on it, however, I am willing to comment that
the scope and difficulty of conversion B is directly related both to
the quality of tagging in your source (HTML can be "clean" or
"dirty", consistent or messy, even after it's made XML-conformant in
its syntax) and, most dramatically, to the nature of your target tag
set and to the feasibility of mapping from the HTML you have
to this target.

It's also strongly related to the *consistency* of the tagging in your
input. The HTML may be filthy, but if it's all generated by the same tool
and that tool generates filthy HTML consistently, your problem is greatly
reduced.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/