xsl-list

Re: [xsl] plea for help...

2006-03-09 22:20:30

On Thu, March 9, 2006 5:10 pm, Wendell Piez wrote:
Walter,

At 03:36 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:

After a lot of thought and mulling about, I thought I'd share what I
was thinking in regards to the "pure" XML I refered to earlier...

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<article id="43467">
<status>in process</status>

[etc.]

or I was thinking about this for the </content> space...

<content>
<title>Intro paragraph here.</title>
<sub-title>Main paragraph.</sub-title>
<![CDATA[all my xHTML goes in here]]>
</content>

Hint: if that CDATA marked section is an indicator that you plan to
place "escaped" HTML -- don't do it. You'll regret it.

I only brought it up because this is what we do now to send our content to
a client.

I have no idea why it's done this way, and I'm told I can't ask their IT
anything on this either.  :/

If you want to use HTML, go ahead and use it.

That's jus tit, I don't know if it should stay in HTML, or go "pure" XML
(as my prevos post gave an example of my concept)

As for the modeling -- before you embark on this, I suggest you look
into some of the industry-standard DTDs and schemas out there.

Thanks for the pointers.

I'll be looking at those in the morning

Or am I way over thinking this?

Not necessarily. But it *is* off topic now....

OK, since this is "OT" where do I go so that this dicsussion in on-topic?

Thanks

Walter