xsl-list

RE: Re: [xsl] Generating barcode SVG-files

2006-04-11 16:36:39
I'll confess that what I know about barcodes in just a little bit more that what I
need to scan groceries at a supermarket checkout counter. With that caveat in mind,
it seems to me that you will want to use an <xsl:result-document> to produce
each of the series of files you want to generate.

In order to do this you will have to move to XSLT 2.0. Download a copy of
Michael Kay's SaxonB.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Asbjørn Reglund Thorsen
<a(_dot_)r(_dot_)thorsen(_at_)usit(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no>
Sent:     Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:26:15 +0200
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  Re: [xsl] Generating barcode SVG-files

cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:
<xsl:result-document> is better if what you are trying to achieve is more than one
output per transformation. It's better because <xsl:document> is used to create an
intermediate document upon which you intend to do further processing in the same
transformation. Of course, if you don't intend to output multiple documents from a single
transformation, it's hard to see why you would use it at all.

In any case, neither is available in XSLT 1.0. That's important because your
stylesheet is declared as a 1.0 stylesheet.

It's not clear what this has to do with the sample input and stylesheet you
provided. If you explain your problem a little further, someone will be able to
help.

I would like to generate 100.000 barcodes (2to5 interleave, that represents a number). The way that I planned to do that is to read out a number X from a database, and make barcodes for X, X+1, X+2 .......... X+99999 and dump each barcode to a X.svg, X+1.svg..... files. My previous example was not very good, sorry for that.

--
Asbjørn Thorsen

"HAKONA MATATA" ;-)

--~--