xsl-list

RE: [xsl] creating tags around a string

2006-04-18 09:46:28
But due to the deeper issues, which have to do not with the
mechanics of string-wrapping but with semantic inferencing
(getting the processor to discriminate between the parts of
your complex cases and label them correctly), my feeling is
that this is not wise even to attempt without a clear-eyed
assessment of the difficulties and limitations. This is one
of those cases where half a solution is often worse than
none, since it creates expectations that are then bound to be
disappointed.

I absolutely agree: though it might be a case where you can do 90% of the
job in XSLT and the remaining 10% by hand. Upconversion is often like that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/