xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Batch Transforming help

2006-04-28 02:14:27
On 4/27/06, Gary E. Daniels <gdaniels(_at_)askdata(_dot_)net> wrote:

Hello.  Newbie here looking for some guidance.  I've been searching for a
way to "batch"
[snip]
How do I modify the above XSL Stylesheet (FILE #2) to batch transform the
files in FILE #1?
I have been using XFactor (Saxon) to load the single files and transform
them.  Will I need

to run the batch process from the command line?  If so, I need to know what
I need to type

in the command line and also what folders (directories) I need to create
and what files need

to be placed into those folders (directories).

Saxon can transform directories - just supply a directory as the input
on the command line.  If you can use XSLT 2.0 then it has the
collection() function, so you can control the processing from within
your stylesheet.

Or, is there an inexpensive editing/parser program that has batch
processing capabilities?

You could check out kernow:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/easytransformer which was written
primarily for running batch transforms (a newer version coming soon
with Saxon 8.7.1 and some bug fixes).