xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Batch Transforming help - Java Space Heap Error

2006-04-28 10:16:21

I've run the Kermow program to transform the files in a directory and it works on the 1st two files in my directory, but then I get the following error messages:

"Exception in thread "Thread-3""
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError Java Heap Space"

When I work on just a single file there is no problem. Any suggestions on correcting this error? Thanks.

Gary

At 10:14 AM 4/28/2006 +0100, you wrote:
On 4/27/06, Gary E. Daniels <gdaniels(_at_)askdata(_dot_)net> wrote:

> Hello.  Newbie here looking for some guidance.  I've been searching for a
> way to "batch"
[snip]
> How do I modify the above XSL Stylesheet (FILE #2) to batch transform the
> files in FILE #1?
> I have been using XFactor (Saxon) to load the single files and transform
> them.  Will I need
>
> to run the batch process from the command line?  If so, I need to know what
> I need to type
>
> in the command line and also what folders (directories) I need to create
> and what files need
>
> to be placed into those folders (directories).

Saxon can transform directories - just supply a directory as the input
on the command line.  If you can use XSLT 2.0 then it has the
collection() function, so you can control the processing from within
your stylesheet.

> Or, is there an inexpensive editing/parser program that has batch
> processing capabilities?

You could check out kernow:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/easytransformer which was written
primarily for running batch transforms (a newer version coming soon
with Saxon 8.7.1 and some bug fixes).