xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT transform to HTML - different output using XMLSpy vs VB6

2006-05-10 01:04:48
My guess is that the XSLT processor you are invoking from VB6 is an XSLT 1.0
processor, whereas XMLSpy includes an XSLT 2.0 processor.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Whisenhunt [mailto:craig(_at_)inlumino(_dot_)com]
Sent: 09 May 2006 23:53
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSLT transform to HTML - different output
using XMLSpy vs VB6

I developed a stylesheet using XMLSpy and am now trying to
use the XSLT file within VB6 to transform XML to HTML docs.

Everything works beautifully in XMLSpy but the results of the
tranformation using VB6 are curious (and not acceptable). I'm
not sure where to start so here goes. There are a few issues:

Here's the first part of my stylesheet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions";
xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-datatypes";>
<xsl:preserve-space elements="*"/>
<xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1"
use-character-maps="cm1"
indent="yes"/>
<xsl:output
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"; />
<xsl:output doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" />
<xsl:character-map name="cm1"> <xsl:output-character
character="&#160;" string="&amp;nbsp;"/> </xsl:character-map>

I don't fully understand all these declarations but borrowed
them from another stylesheet example.

The character map is there to force the &nbsp; to be written
in the HTML.
One of the main differences in how XMLSpy renders vs VB6 is the &nbsp;

VB6 outputs a blank space while XMLSpy renders a &nbsp; I
need the &nbsp; for formatting and to hold open empty table cells.

Any advice on the declarations at the top of my stylesheet
would be appreciated. Also any knowledge of VB6 in this
regard would be helpful.

I'd be happy to post some of the templates but I don't think
that is the problem since XMLSpy renders wonderfullly.

Thanks in advance,
-Craig

--~--