xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT transform to HTML - different output using XMLSpy vs VB6

2006-05-10 01:30:53
Hi Craig,

I also use XML Spy often, and as Michael Kay already pointed out, it includes an XSLT 2.0 processor. Under the Options menu, choose XSL tabpage. Unset "Built-in XSLT engine" and check "Microsoft XML Parser" (make sure to specify the right version, in my experience, letting XML Spy choose it for you, does not go well).

Next step is to rewrite your XSLT template to use XSLT 1.0, because Microsoft, to the best of my knowledge, does not yet have an XSLT 2.0 parser, not even for their newest .NET environment, not even in System.Xml 2.0. For latest MSXML version, go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&displaylang=en

Another option would be: using the Saxon parser. It is compatible with .NET. You can set the path to the Saxon parser in XML Spy as well (same tabpage).

If you are in doubt about your VB code invoking the processor or setting some options, you can choose to test the XSLT with a commandline version of MSXML: msxsl.exe: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2fb55371-c94e-4373-b0e9-db4816552e41&displaylang=en

Cheers,
Abel

Craig Whisenhunt wrote:

I developed a stylesheet using XMLSpy and am now trying to use the XSLT file
within VB6 to transform XML to HTML docs.

Everything works beautifully in XMLSpy but the results of the tranformation
using VB6 are curious (and not acceptable). I'm not sure where to start so
here goes. There are a few issues: