xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Need help for XSL beautifaction

2006-05-18 12:11:36
Thank you for this information. You write with XSLT 2.0 the problem disappears.Think I could work with one of the latest version of Saxon, for doing this job with 2.0. Can you give me a keyword for what I'm looking for? In your previous mail you write something about keys. I'm on the way to read more about this.

I'm a little bit confused about all your suggestions, think I've much to read and to learn in the next time about xslt.
Thank you all for helping me, you do a very nice job here! :-)

Many greetings,
Christian

Michael Kay schrieb:

<!-- Define Text-Modules -->
<xsl:variable name="text-1">This is long text number one.</xsl:variable> <xsl:variable name="text-2">This is an other very long text.</xsl:variable> <xsl:variable name="text-3">This is my third text without sense.</xsl:variable> ...

The answer to this is, don't use three variables, use one variable with an
internal XML structure.
Unfortunately in XSLT 1.0 you need the node-set() extension to access the
internal structure using path expressions, but that problem disappears in
2.0.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--