xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to retrieve global parameters names and their default values using Saxon?

2006-05-24 03:40:20
Hi all,

Just a belated follow up: thanks for your comments on this. We've got it working in a way, though there are still some challenges. Michael, I will ask new questions about this in the Saxon list (just didn't want to break this thread).

George, thanks for your recommendation. I am worried about the loading order and the conflict resolving, but not sure if that really is a problem after all. Yet, using the programming interface had my preference eventually.

Michael and Andrew: thanks again. Your programming solution is implemented and it looks rock solid now!

Cheers,
Abel

Michael Kay wrote:

This conversation would be better conducted on the Saxon list...

You could pick up all constant expressions, of whatever type, using the test

if X instanceof Value
 return ((Value)X).getStringValue()

Note that if the expression is written as select="2+2", you will probably
get back the pre-evaluated result, "4".

You could pick up the special case of

<xsl:param>xyz</xsl:param>

using

if X instanceof TextFragmentValue
 return ((TextFragmentValue)X).getStringValue()

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/