xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSL questions

2006-06-01 09:13:48
Wei,

There are others far more qualified than I, but perhaps this will help you
get started.

1) HTML are valid xml tags so I don't know why you cannot have them inside
an xml document.  The following should be possible:

<myxmltag>
</myxmltag>

I don't understand what you mean by a "par field", so perhaps this has
something to do with your problem.  Perhaps if you show the xml and xsl we
could be of more help.

2) XSLT does not have a variable that can be incremented (as far as I know)
within a loop.  Variables in XSLT are more like constants, so once set,
their value cannot be changed.   I think you will have to get your count
like "count(nodetest)" outside of a loop which should not be a problem since
if you can select the nodes and loop through them, count should also work
for the same node set.

3) I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but if you enter the
xsl:for-each loop, then the condition has been met.  What else do you need
to know about the condition?

Rick