xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL questions

2006-06-01 16:42:58

I can use another editor to make the change. The problem is the html
tags don't serve its funcation when a html file is genereated with the
XSL file.

Not a solution?

As I say XSLT doesn't care about validity if you want html elements in
there then it will generate them. The file you showed wasn't HTML
(having Para element etc,so presumably you are extracting the html from
there with another process. If that is breaking the html then you will
need to look at that.

The id is an attribute of the node looping. I guess I should count the
node itself. But, the editor doesn't allow me.

Sorry I can't guess what you intend here. count() tells you the number of
nodes in the node set supplied as its argument, if you count a node set
consisting of "the node itself" then you will clearly get the answer 1,
always. Presumably you mean something else?

That serves the same function. But, it is not what I am asking for. I
need to find out whether there is an element met the condition after
the loop.

You are querying the source document which is unchanging so whether the
elements meet the condition is the same bfore after or during the loop.
<xsl:variable name="x" select=..."/>
<xsl:for-each select="$x">
</xsl:for-each>
<xsl:if test="$x[$current_id = @relatedPerson]"> some nodes met the