xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: xsl-list Digest 1 Jun 2006 05:10:01 -0000 Issue 793

2006-06-01 10:42:09
David,
Below is the XSLT that I am currently trying to use. The portion above the first comment creates the structure that I want except that it doesn't include the <Root> element that the <Story> element is contained in. Then when I add the instructions below the first comment to try to rename the elements, I lose the structure and tags that I want. My XML file structure is as such:

<Root>
        <Story>
                <articleTitle>Content</articleTitle>
                <articleSubTitle>Content</articleSubTitle>
                <author><authorFname>content</authorFname></author>

This is my stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="Story">
       <xsl:copy>
       <BB><TG>
<xsl:apply-templates select="articleTitle|articleSubTitle"/>
       </TG></BB>
<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::articleTitle or self::articleSubTitle)]"/>
       </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
<!--Above this line creates the directory structure that I need-->
    <xsl:template match="Root">
        <DG>
        </DG>
    </xsl:template>