xsl-list

RE: [xsl] url encoding gets wrong with åöä?

2006-06-05 08:13:01
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the query string is being sent
unchanged to the server, and the server software is decoding it incorrectly.
I don't know what you can do about that, unless you are in control of the
server...

One solution available with some XSLT processors (including Saxon) is to
suppress the URL encoding entirely. This often works, though it isn't
guaranteed.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Holmberg [mailto:Niklas(_dot_)Holmberg(_at_)eniro(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 June 2006 15:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] url encoding gets wrong with åöä?

Hmm i guess you are right, but the link does work since think
the target page of the link expects ISO-8859-1?

This doesn't work:
http://gulasidorna.eniro.se/query?what=yp&search_word=Avh%C3%A
4mtning&selected_header_code=R1001257
This does work:
http://gulasidorna.eniro.se/query?what=yp&search_word=Avh%E4mt
ning&selected_header_code=R1001257
I changed my output encoding to ISO-8859-1 but that didn't
change anything. Any sugestions?

Thanks!
/Niklas