xsl-list

[xsl] Using IE's CC (Conditional Comments) inside an XSL file.

2006-06-16 14:44:41
Hi all,

I did check the FAQ, and scoured the Net but I was unable to find a good, workable answer for this.

I want to, in my XSL, insert a CC for IE6, that inserts a script tag, if it is IE.

E.g. this is the rendered result of what I want.

<!--[if IE 6]>
<script src="foo.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

I've tried using xsl:comment, xsl:text, and all manor of escaping with no success.. I either get my angle brackets escaping as &lt;, &gt; or I get malformed XML errors, or I get the comments to output okay, but my script tag doesn't show up (in the source, e.g. my script gets parsed as part of the comment on the XSL side)

If anyone has suffered through this, and found a working solution, I will be forever in debt.

Cheers,
Steve