xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Converting CSV to XML without hardcoding schema details in xsl

2006-06-22 18:52:34
Thanks Michael for the info.

I spent a lot of time trying different things to get item-at() to work. It
seems to be still present in the xquery spec - but I was not able to refer
it from that namespace and get it to work in my xsl - is that even possible?

Regards,

Vish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:46 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting CSV to XML without hardcoding schema details
in xsl

I was using xsl:element - but I was trying to achieve the
above using item-at and was not sure if I can use that
function within the xsl:element name AVT.

The item-at() function disappeared from the XSLT 2.0 spec about three years
ago. item-at($seq, $p) can be written as $seq[$p]. The item-at function did
have one advantage over using a predicate, the second argument could be "."
which saves you assigning a variable. But if you want to achieve that, you
can write subsequence($seq, ., 1).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/