xsl-list

Re: [xsl] switching between multiple languages in XSL

2006-06-27 14:25:35
Jason Viers <bean(_at_)beanalby(_dot_)net> writes:

We're transforming a XML file to HTML via XSL, and we'd like the XSL to
be usable across multiple languages.  The XML file being transformed
does _not_ have the text we'd like to select between, just an indication
as to what language should be used.  There are things like static
headers & footers we'd like to switch between based on the flag in the XML.

We'd like to have the language-specific sections in their own files, so
the language teams can work on them independently of the main XSL file.
We couldn't find a way to do this using <xsl:import> as we can't have a
certain one included based on a condition,a nd we can't really "select"
out of those, as they're not the source document.

Has anyone tried something similar, or have any advice how to
approach this?

I did a big job on this for a lot of legal content using multiple
source documents.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs