xsl-list

Re: [xsl] mass validation of xml files

2006-06-29 11:21:34
Peter Hickman wrote:

  Hi

What do you mean at once? You want to validate 30,000 xml
files in parallel, why?

for XML in *.xml
do
    xmllint --dtdvalid this.dtd --noout $XML
done

  I don't know what the OP has in mind, but I guess with 30,000
documents to validate, it is interesting to use only one process and to
load only once the schema.  Your loop is a shell loop, so will create
30,000 process, each of them will initialize, load the schema,
etcetera.

  I guess it would be possible with a schema processor like Saxon to
load once the schema and loop over the 30,000 files with a little
custom application.

  But if it's just a one-shot and the processing time is not really
important, your solution is the right one IMHO.

  Regards,

--drkm