xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file

2006-07-05 07:05:58
O.K. guys, I have an XML file that looks like this:

<files>
    <file>file1.xml</file>
    <file>file2.xml</file>
    <file>file3.xml</file>
</files>

and an XSLT that looks like this:

<xsl:template match="movie">
<xsl:copy-of select="document(document('list.xml')/files/file)/ story"/>
    </xsl:template>

In the past I have been applying an XSLT to an existing XML file using Oxygen. So I'd open up the file that I want to transform and then the XSLT would apply the transformation to that document and give me the resulting output. In this situation, there isn't an XML file to start with. Should I just open a blank XML file and do a transformation on it? Forgive my ignorance here.