xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file

2006-07-05 07:58:05
Chad Chelius wrote:

  Hi

<xsl:template match="movie">
   <xsl:copy-of select="document(document('list.xml')/files/file)/
story"/>
 </xsl:template>

In the past I have been applying an XSLT to an existing XML file
using Oxygen. So I'd open up the file that I want to transform and
then the XSLT would apply the transformation to that document and
give me the resulting output. In this situation, there isn't an XML
file to start with. Should I just open a blank XML file and do a
transformation on it? Forgive my ignorance here.

  I don't really understand your question.  How do you get the 'movie'
element to apply the above template rule on?  If it is by an other call
to document(), doc() or collection(), I guess you have a named template
to start.  If you have, you can start there, but te way to tell it to
your processor is implementation-defined.  For example with Saxon:

    ~> saxon -it main script.xsl

  Regards,

--drkm