xsl-list

Re: [xsl] statically known namespaces

2006-07-10 06:27:07
"andrew welch" <andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

Why is it that XQuery has inbuilt namespaces such as "xs", but XSLT does not?

I would have thought that XSLT 2.0 could benefit from having "xsl" and
"xs" predefined, any thoughts?

Oh yes.

It was my biggest problem when learning XSLT and now I know it really
well it turns out it still is: why do I have to remember all that
template? I can't remember passwords let alone NS URIs.

I know I can have a bit of template code but that's not the
point... good editors are not always available when you're doing
things.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs