xsl-list

Re: [xsl] statically known namespaces

2006-07-10 06:41:43
On 7/10/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr> wrote:
andrew welch wrote:

  Hi

> I would have thought that XSLT 2.0 could benefit from having
> "xsl" and "xs" predefined, any thoughts?

  Because an XSLT script is an XML document, I don't see any interest
in having the XSLT namespace already bound.  The XML Schema namespace
could be interesting, but IMHO not if it is the only one.

....ahh completely forgot the XML side of things, been reading XQuery
this morning.  The main point came from xs: though as my editor
doesn't auto-generate it, and as I've never committed it to memory I
have to cut and paste it each time...

It's certainly a nice feature of XQuery, and as "xs:" is only used in
attribute values it could be inbuilt and the stylesheet would still be
well-formed XML... but of course "xsl:" would still need defining so
there's not much point.