xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Keeping a running total?

2006-07-10 11:32:18
Can you add to what you've said?

Not in the two minutes available I'm afraid. There's a good chapter on
recursive programming in my XSLT book ;-)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

About how would that go in
terms of XSL?

-Steve

On 7/10/06, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
You're out of luck with for-each, because conceptually at least it
processes all the factories in parallel. So you can't
accumulate data as you go.
Instead for this kind of problem you need recursion: to a process a
list of factories, process the first factory, then process
the rest of
the factories by a recursive call, passing any necessary
data (such as
your "running
total") as a parameter.

Michael Kay