xsl-list

[xsl] RE: unwanted ascii newline/cr characters in xml transformation

2006-08-30 06:26:27
 Thanks David.  This worked!

Regards,

Ann Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Marie Rubin (anrubin)
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:34 PM
To: David Carlisle; xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Cc: Ann Marie Rubin (anrubin)
Subject: unwanted ascii newline/cr characters in xml transformation

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion but the unwanted
newline/cr characters still appear in the output xml file. This is the
code I tried (showing the complete template rule.)

        <xsl:template name="components">
                <xsl:for-each select="//troubleshootingcategory">
                <Component Name="{normalize-space(.)}">
                                <xsl:attribute name="Name"><xsl:value-of
select="title"/></xsl:attribute>
                                <xsl:for-each
select="./troubleshootingentry">
                                        <Problem>
                                                <xsl:attribute
name="Description"><xsl:value-of select="title"/></xsl:attribute>
                                                <xsl:call-template
name="symptom"/>
                                                <xsl:call-template
name="cause"/>
                                                <xsl:call-template
name="action"/>
                                        </Problem>
                                </xsl:for-each>
                        </Component>
                </xsl:for-each>
        </xsl:template>

Excerpt from source xml:
                <troubleshootingcategory>
                        <title>Sample
Title Text</title>

Exceprt from result xml:

<Component Name="Sample&#13;&#10;Title Text">

Regards,

Ann Marie